We all know that fueling the body and brain makes Recovery much easier, so why not try this snack idea which is filled with :
- Omegas to help brain functionality and protecting our brain’s myelin sheath
- Proteins to help the building of our neurotransmitters
- Fibre to look after our digestion
- Vitamins and minerals such as Magnesium and Vitamin E to name but a few.
You will need :
200g pitted dates
250g of Almonds (Cashew and walnuts are great too)
2 tblsp of chia seeds
2 tblsp of desiccated coconut
A blender/food processor
1.Place the dates, most of the nuts and chia seed into the food processor and blitz until a paste is formed.
2.Add the rest of the almonds and blitz until you have nice chunks in the paste.
3. Pour the coconut onto a plate. Take the paste out of the food processor and roll into little balls, then roll them in the coconut.
4. Place the energy balls onto a clean plate and place in the fridge for a few hours and hey presto, you’re done 🙂