Written by Happy Hiker
Dear Treasure Box,
It has taken me a couple of months to sit down and write this. I liked the idea when Jacqueline mentioned it but I am unsure where to begin so here it goes….
Firstly, I am grateful for all you do for me…..
- Thank you for sticking with me over the years and not giving up on me
- Thank you for continuing to breath every day
- Thank you for trusting me and letting me in
- Thank you for slowing down and using my senses
- Thank you for allowing me to relax, silence my mind and enjoy my own company.
- Thank you for my strong immune system – I rarely get sick anymore
- Thank you for my mental strength and resilience
- Thank you for allowing me to experience true love and happiness with Damian and Tia.
- Thank you for letting me experience beautiful music like James Blunt and watch amazing movies like The Greatest Showman.
- Thank you for allowing me to enjoy head massages in the hair dressers- such a sensational experience
- Thank you for allowing me to smell my beautiful candles.
- Thank you for my beautiful open mind (Diamond) and the ability to master my thoughts in a constructive way
- Thank you for helping me make decisions
- Thank you for learning and evolving every day
- Thank you for my positive attitude
- Thank you for my creative flair – I enjoy exploring this talent
- Thank you for giving me signals when I am hungry, full, tired, in pain or when I need to get out and stretch the legs.
- Thank you for switching off at night and sleeping.
- Thank you for allowing me to feel real emotion – I am no longer numb
- Thank you for tasting delicious food and experimenting with different ingredients
- Thank you for laughter and allowing me to connect with people
- Thank you for my Ability
- Thank you for my uniqueness
- Thank you for exposing me to nature & experiencing free moments in the Botanic Gardens
- I want to be body and mind connected…i.e. feel comfortable in my body and around food
- I want to eat and move without having a personal agenda
- I want to be content regardless of my size/weight
- I want to accept my body and stop trying to change it
- I want to feel wholesome
- I want to be proud of my body
- I want to enjoy eating and moving (Not Punishment)
- I want to embrace sex & be present
- I want to be comfortable dancing
- I want to be free in my body and let go
- I want to walk with confidence
- I want to stand in front of a room and feel body confident
- I want to appreciate what I have
- I want to own my dress sense & be brave
- I want to improve flexibility
- I want to be present
- I want you to give me a child one day
- I want to promote a healthy body image
- I want to be honest with you
- I want to trust this process
- I want to be assertive & value my self- care
- I want to love you … I will start by respecting you and listening to you.
What I want to get rid of…..
- Jeopardising our relationship when I feel insecure, sad, stressed, doubtful or tired
- Fear of not being good enough
- Feelings of embarrassment and shame
- Constant criticism & negative self – talk
- Letting my size dictate my self -worth
- Eating very quickly without tasting or chewing
- Comparing you to others
- Insecurity and body consciousness during sex and dancing
- Tagging certain foods as good or bad
- Obsession with food / size
- Valuing thinness
Thank you for your patience and loyalty. I always thought you were the enemy but I am ready to work with you and be your friend, your best friend!
I am looking forward to working as a team. Let’s do this together!
#together #listen #respect #teamwork #goteam #trust
Happy Hiker x