Written by Classmate
Anxiety and Self- Conscious tips and tricks I picked up from Tuesdays class:
“Fake it till you make it”
“Anxiety is an information”
Question/Acknowledge the anxiety and then look at why you are feeling this way.
Write down these feelings and see how best to deal with them and turn them into a positive.
How can I make it a bit easier and apply it to my daily life:
- Stress balls – I bring one with me in my bag and leave it on my desk in work.
- Chewing gum – I find slows down my thinking
- Keeping a journal on my desk or in my handbag to write down my thoughts and feelings instead of supressing them.
- Feelings of being overwhelmed, I get up and take a walk Take in what’s around me and most importantly BREADTH
- To-Do List, off all my tasks ahead, prioritise by the most important. Such satisfaction when I start ticking things off, brings loads of credits.
- Music – Plugging into my Spotify takes me away from my thoughts or in the car turning the volume up and focusing on the music (not my singing) 😉 Click here to explore the power of music in recovery some more 🙂
- Invest in black out blinds or an eye mask for night time.
- Download meditation apps, will relax you. A suggestion was the honest guy on you tube.
- Download entertainment apps. Another suggestion was called Duo lingo or Pokémon go
- Get creative – Start a scrapbook, collage or a photo album to help your mind rest and focus on something fun filled with memories. Taking pictures of free/present moments and add them to your scrap book.
- Make a list of all your fears and decide you are going to face every single one of those fears.
- Go Camping – Lie back/relax and enjoy all night sky filled with stars.
- Get out and absorb Nature
- The most important tool off all the use of HALT (Hungry,Angry,Lonely,Tired)
“Fake it till you Become”