Written by Ellen
- It’s all about patience and perseverance – things will make more sense as you go along
- You really don’t have to believe everything you think
- I am very sensitive (to things that I may not have even noticed were affecting me) especially to my physical environment and the moods of others around me
- Honesty is the only way to move forward (particularly self honesty. Scary but so liberating!)
- Your body can be trusted but needs to be respected (when you look after it, it will look after you)
- It’s so okay to take time out to do ‘nothing’ (because doing nothing lets you recharge)
- Learning to ground myself (deep breaths, fresh air, using my senses) has gotten me through a lot of moments that would have previously overwhelmed me
- This is a tough environment to recover in – lots of outside pressure – so learning to switch off from the noise is very helpful. I’ve deleted facebook from my phone several times!
- It’s okay to feel different – in fact, value that uniqueness because it’s what makes you you. When you find people that appreciate it, hold onto them!
- No one can tell you what path is right for you – going along with someone else’s vision of success will make you feel empty. Creating your own definition of success is so empowering
- Always forgive and be kind (especially to yourself). You are only a human and this is probably all new. No mistakes, just learning experiences!
- Creating firm boundaries and having self respect makes you happier and more respected, not demanding.
- Taking time to enjoy the moment and not living your life in the past/future makes for a much more fun time
- There’s always room for lightness and humour 🙂
- Nothing ever goes away until it teaches us what we need to know’ Don’t get caught up in the why’s, just focus on what I can do right now
- Recovery is just wonderful. Keep going 🙂